WARNING
I will continue to celebrate motherhood. So if breasts, birth, dilation and mother's milk makes you uncomfortable please consider yourself warned.
Follow at your own risk. You'll find the follow button at the bottom of the side bar.

Friday, July 24, 2009

The Adult Onesie?

Who can pull off a romper? Is it for the masses or reserved for cute toddlers, hot blondes and Kim Kardashian? I would like to think I could slip one on but I'm afraid hubby would just laugh and try to spoon feed me some baby food.

Post your own question and join in on Aloha Friday, hosted by An Island Life!

I am not fashion forward unless you consider chicken nuggets a fashion accessory. I resort to dressing vicariously through my daughters. For now I'll let them rock the rompers and just stalk my favorite fashion blog.
I visit Maegan for fashion inspiration. She has repeatedly ignored my request for her to photoshop cellulite on her thighs. However, her blog is so fun and witty that I'm willing to endure her perfection. If you have never been you must check out her tutorials and her gratuitous outfit posts. I am yet to make it through a single one without being inspired to get dressed for the day. She pulls off the romper and gives lessons on how to turn old shirts into trendy necklaces and more.

17 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Quite frankly I think only a toddler can pull it off! They look pretty adorable no matter what.

mommakin said...

I dress vicariously through my kids, too.

I think I wore a variation of a romper back in the late 70's early 80's. You know what they say - if you were old enough to wear it the first time around, you're too old to wear it the second time around. No loss - as I recall they were a pain in the patoot to get out of to pee. :-)

I am Harriet said...

Kim could but, geez you gotta wear a bra. The problem with hose things is when you gotta use the girls room.

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/dear-jon.html

Kimberly said...

Yeah, I think the romper should stay on toddlers myself. Grown woman wearing them makes me giggle.

AudreyO said...

Someone with a fairly petite build could pull it off, or a toddler. That's about it.

Lori said...

I love Maegan too! Do you think she would notice if we all used her pic as our profile pic on Facebook????

Andrea said...

Gosh I don't know... All I know for sure is that I couldn't pull it off in a million years!!

Jeremy said...

I think it should be reserved for kids and I'm trying to think, if my wife tried that I might have the same reaction as your husband. :)

Tara said...

lol I'm not sure how I feel about that one lol I would never find myself wearing one of those.. my little 19 month would look cute though lol

Becca said...

I have no sense of fashion and just wear whatever is comfy :)

Unknown said...

LOL!! It took me a while to find a "mature and not overly sexy or juvenile" romper ..I like the one I found but I had to spend a pretty penny for it.

Thanks for the mention ;)

kailani said...

LOL! I can't even imagine an adult in a onesie!

thatgirlblogs said...

toddlers and Charlie's Angels.

PS - what's up with the Maxi Dress? Is that not a Mu Mu.

♥ Kathy said...

LOL I won't wear one :o haha I missed you Jen ♥

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

She looks so cute in her romper! I, too, am a Maegan fan!

BrnEyedGal said...

Im not a fashionista myself..but I love the romper on the kiddies.

I have an award for you on my blog...Have a great day! :)
(PS no more music...LOL)

Tracey said...

My daughter dresses the way I WISH I could. Onesies are adorable for kids... that's it. Now footy pajamas for adults... that's something I can get into.