WARNING
I will continue to celebrate motherhood. So if breasts, birth, dilation and mother's milk makes you uncomfortable please consider yourself warned.
Follow at your own risk. You'll find the follow button at the bottom of the side bar.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm NOT that mom

There are moms that can juggle multiple children, dispute a credit charge and perform open heart surgery while surfing the Internet. I am not THAT mom. I am coming to terms with it. There are also women that can wear "skinny pants" with tapered ankles. I am not that woman either. I have better sense than to ever try to roll my body into "THOSE" pants so why am I still trying to be "THAT" mom? If something doesn't fit just don't wear it. It sounds easy enough. Pants are easy to pass over but my "Supermom" complex is tougher to shelve away. Who can resist a cape and the super human ability to clean, cook and make your own play dough while wearing a stacked wedge and a frilly apron?

I would love to tell you that I am doing something fantastic and inspiring during bloggy lapses. However, I'm not creating an ant farm from a milk bottle and discarded rubber bands. I am not rocking my inner fashion diva or cooking scampi and baking bread from scratch. I am not taking pole dancing classes or learning kick boxing. I am not on a path to self improvement or on a spiritual quest. I am not running a marathon or traveling the world to cure hunger or even working on a novel. I'm really not. I am showering a little longer, napping, microwaving dinner and reading Skippy Jon Jones complete with accents, twice. So if I am not around I may be losing the smack down with my temperamental computer or I might be doing absolutely nothing and I'm okay with that, almost.
You know how much I adore enabling your blog addiction so here you go, click on the button below and prepare to fall head over heels for...


This blog has it all brains, beauty and the belle. What more does a person need? Feeling like your life is missing something? Well, if you haven't blogged over to Snarky Belle and met Natalie it probably is a little incomplete. She is like bacon (In case you don't know bacon is the life force of all tasty food). "Like Bacon" is one of the deepest and most sincere comments I can bestow on a person. She is feisty, makes fun of liberals and I adore her anyway. Not very many people can make fun of Nancy Pelosi and still snag a bacon badge. She is also the latest addition to my favorite award winning Comment Queens. The comments left on Tuesday's Two Cents post were all wonderful but Natalie's really touched me and many others. Sometimes things pop up in my comment box that I hope to never forget and her comment qualifies as one of those moments.

The Comment Queen Award has no rules, requirements or special instructions. It is yours to do with as you will. It is intended to bring the recipient warm fuzzies and requires no work, acknowledgement or even words of gratitude. If you win it you already earned it so just relax and enjoy anyway you see fit!

17 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

OK, taking longer showers makes you superhuman in my mind. We all know that is a feat in itself!

Snarky Belle said...

Oh my gosh! I can barely see through my tears to type!! I am actually doing the "ugly cry" right now. You have no idea how much this means, how much I needed this today! Thank you. Sincerely, thank you!!

Sarah said...

Love it. I would love to rock a stacked wedge and a frilly apron...but I'll settle for a pony tail, shorts, and a tee.

Won't the kids remember Skippy John's accent (I love to do this too) over being so put together? Yes, I think so too!

Keep doing the encores - these make memories. Read Big Wide Mouth Frog as well with crazy accents - too fun!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

i am thinking about how to make an ant farm out of a milk bottle...i think i need therapy!

Laura Marchant said...

I make a a goal to do one "thing" a day out of normal. If it is take the kids somewhere, bake bread, play a new game we do one thing. I can't handle anything else, lol.

Snarky Belle said...

In my moment of emotion, I forgot to mention...I LOVED this post. You are an inspiration. You give me courage to embrace not being "that mom", courage to just be me. Thanks! (((hugs)))

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Love your honesty. And, I cook with the tv on (Olivia) in my jeans and t-shirt!

And, I'm off to check out anybody that can make fun of Nancy P and still be as good as bacon!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Damn you, tutu! Now I've added yet another blog to my daily read! Loving snarky!

Kimberly said...

I loved this post. I'm not THAT mom either. Though I do try in my own way to make life better for myself and my family, but I have to say that all in all I'll opt for that little bit longer shower over making beds any day. Besides, the kids can make their own beds...

Becky said...

I live in a town full of That Moms. Sometimes its all I can do to get out of bed and perhaps shower... I don't need to be grinding my own flour. Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat all those things. I totally ran a marathon, while in stilettos, as I was making a shrimp scampi with a miniature blow torch. And it was just okay. I'd way rather me napping and blogging. =)

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

What a great post! I think we all should accept who we are and be happy with ourselves, good bad and in -between.

wenderful said...

OK. We'll be there in January. I totally want the inside scoop on where to go.
Thanks for stopping by and helping me celebrate my sits day today! I had ginormous fun.

The Mrs. said...

I think you are doing all the right things!!!!

The Pifer's said...

I came across your blog and I absolutely love it!!! I love your products!!!!!

Tiffany Pifer
thepiferfamily.blogspot.com

Pricousins said...

I loved this post! And I love that you stopped by my blog! thanks! Come by anytime!

larshannon said...

Thanks for stopping by on my blog. I have enjoyed looking yours over and getting to know you.

I finally realized I don't have to be a supermom. Turns out I'm a better mom when I'm not trying to be supermom. Go figure.

Loved this post.