WARNING
I will continue to celebrate motherhood. So if breasts, birth, dilation and mother's milk makes you uncomfortable please consider yourself warned.
Follow at your own risk. You'll find the follow button at the bottom of the side bar.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Something Sexy


It was even more than the tall, dark and handsome thing he had going on. Hubby radiated inner bad boy and the good girl in me loved it. However, that has faded away. You just can’t retain that bad boy vibe while humming the soundtrack to “Harold and the Purple Crayon”. He is unashamed. He’ll break out singing "Backyardigans" anywhere, anytime. That is the true secret to his growing sex appeal. He is fearless. Anyone can plunge down a black diamond ski run on one ski, serve in Iraq or dive off a bridge but true courage comes when you are unafraid to show up in full battle rattle, fairy dusted. Our four year old princess always sees to it that every surface is glittered. Daddy’s uniform is no exception. He bravely surrenders to our two daughters and all the sparkle that comes with the territory.

This bold devotion to our family is the main reason I still keep him around. Otherwise, I would have given him the ax the second time I took a midnight plunge in the toilet. I adore him enough to quietly pop myself free from the toilet’s grip, dry off and snuggle back up against him. He is that special. He is the kind of man that retains that "something sexy" even while baby wearing and grooving to toddler tunes. Hubby is proof that there is nothing more attractive than a faithful man who is not afraid to love, treasure and honor his family.

* For the sake of honesty even though he really is that special I am occasionally wicked and smack him ever so sweetly in the face with the pillow before snuggling up against him and forcing him to repeat the mantra, “Toilet Seat Down or Jenny Will Drown”.
If you would like to join in on this writer's workshop then blog on over to Mama Kat's and pick one of the four prompts. Don't you love choices? This week is diverse with prompts from theft to poetry. I hope you join in and go sign her Mr.Linky!

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! He sounds fantastic. My dad wore pink barrettes in public for our sake so I can appreciate the fairy dust very much. :)

Unknown said...

great post! i agree... there's nothing sexier than a man who's comfortable with kids! :)

Melissa said...

Very cute blog! And, ooohhh, I love your little tutu's!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

You are a great writer! Your hubs is a cutie and a complete sweetheart!

Summer said...

Its so sweet to see other women love thier husbands and view them with such interest still. I tell ya, in my office I feel bombarded with unhappily married, divorced women. Sometimes I think they think I'm just exaggerating when I talk about how much I love my husband. But I do... I love him more and more the longer I know him and grow with him! Thanks for the adorable post! Can't wait to see my hubby as a Daddy, especially of a little girl - He's going to be a great father for a little girl!

MammaDucky said...

Beautiful! There really is nothing sexier than a good husband and father. Seeing my hubby snuggle up to our kids is enough to make me melt.
*My Lil Pickle's blue eyes come courtesy of my own knight in cammo.

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Aw!! What a nice post about your husband :) I couldn't agree more; there's definitely something special about a grown man who can dance and sing to toddler music :D

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That is so true. And, you are right he's quite handsome!

Although, I'm sure I might get upset about the wet behind, too!

vsm/whirling dirvish photography said...

Oh he is a nice little number...
My hubs does let his daughter put bows on his saddlehorn and smackers lipstick on his lips... the sparkly ones...

Christina said...

This is my 1st visit to your blog but already I can say that I LOVE your writing style. It's like I can feel your love for your husband.

Oonie said...

Hi--thanks for visiting my blog! Just for you, I added a follow button. Glad you like the recipes--and I clearly came by on a good blog post day! I'll be back! There's something about a man with a baby bjorn...

Corey~living and loving said...

great post! Love the mantra. :) I think I am lucky to never have to late night pee...or I'd be taking that plunge a lot!

KatieZ said...

I am LMAO! What a great tribute to the hubs! And I must say that there is nothing better than a big manly man that will wear glitter and sing toddler songs. Dads and their daughters can not be beat! Great post! And a hottie too BTW!

Suzi said...

You painted a wonderful picture of your husband. He sounds wonderful.

Have you tried a nightlight in the bathroom so not to fall in? We have one, I have 4 boys including the hubby. ;-)

Jessica said...

Great post! Love the pics too. Visiting from Mama kat.

Sarah Bee said...

What a sweet post and a sweet man. Nate and I don't have children yet, but one time at church he was holding someone else's baby sitting in a chair just chatting to her as she grabbed his nose and he smiled...it was the most amazing feeling seeing your husband this grown man, being so gentle...I can't imagine how that feeling will grow when it's our own children!
Thanks for sharing! =]

The Farmers Wife said...

Yep, and the uniform doesn't hurt either, lol. I have days where I miss seeing Hubs in his cammies. Dang hottie Marines, ha ha ha. He sounds like a great dad and husband. One of the good ones. I have one too. Aren't we so lucky?!

namaste said...

Oh my gosh, you are soooo adorable with your post. My husband was songs from the wiggles show. Thank you for making me smile! So sweet.

Tara Bennett said...

What a good man and a cute daddy!

Laura Marchant said...

Oh I love this and it is so true. Sometimes I wish I was living in a tv show so I could rewatch episodes of him with the kids.

Stacy Uncorked said...

What a wonderful post! Love your nighttime 'chant'...heh, heh! ;)

Sarah said...

Such a heartfelt tribute to a wonderful husband and daddy. Too often we hear negatives about them...this is absolutly perfect :) There IS something sexy about a man sporting a baby bjorn. I has "keeper" all over it!

Momma Chae said...

what a hunk!!! :) And in all the right ways...

Ashley said...

How sweet :) Seriously, your blog describes the feelings in my heart for my husband. Very well written!

CC said...

WOW! What a MAN!!

Amy said...

Can I send my husband your way for a quick lesson??? No really can I =)

Grand Pooba said...

That first picture is so cute! Love me a man that loves kids!

The Blonde Duck said...

Does he have a brother? My little sister needs a guy like that...he sounds wonderful!

Back from SITS!

April said...

Thanks for visiting yesterday. I'm playing catch up. I love your mantra!

KatBouska said...

Oh my gosh, this is my favorite hubby post yet. It helps that he's a hunk...but the toilet thing has me cracking up. Amen sister. Amen.

Paula said...

OHHHHHH LoVe It!! My hubby is the same, what happen to the bad boy? Mine is safe and loving (like that too) but every once in a while I just want that bad boy back! Your man is HOT!! LOL