WARNING
I will continue to celebrate motherhood. So if breasts, birth, dilation and mother's milk makes you uncomfortable please consider yourself warned.
Follow at your own risk. You'll find the follow button at the bottom of the side bar.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Snotty Naughty Feels Better

Little Sis is still snot crusted but feeling good enough to make trouble and messes. She is no longer our little lady. She has earned snotty naughty status. Gone are the days of sick baby cuddles and daddy snuggle time. She is on the table, in the toilet, over the couch and off cord hunting. This is my punishment for my mom snobbery. I used to raise my eyebrows at THOSE mothers whose children were bumped and bandaged. My internal criticism went like this,
"Don't you watch your child, childproof your home?! Shame on you!!"
HA! Now I know, boy do I know! There are not enough safety latches in the world. Shame on me for not cutting those worn out, miss matched moms some slack. Special thanks to my wild and tiny princess for sharpening my mommy reflexes and serving me up some humble pie. She is just what I needed but didn't have the good sense to ask for. She is perfect in every messy, adventure seeking way.
Big Sis has finally caught Little Sister's cold. Her dainty little nose has sprung a leak and trust me, it isn't liquid gold. Our booger free days seem so far in the past. Am I next?

14 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

OH I hope you don't get sick. That would be horrible. Then no one would get better because the main element (mom) is out sick too! LOL. I hope everyone feels better soon!!

My Precious Peanut Designs said...

Hope the girls are feeling better soon! And that you stay healthy!!

The Farmers Wife said...

No fun. Doesnt it seem like with all the dang shots they give these kids, that they should be immune to just about everything under the sun?! We are total hermits, but without a doubt evertime we venture to a family function on Hubsters side, the kids wind up sick. Really chaps my hide...

I also have a climber/blind swinger/toilet magnet/trash can overturner/kitchen drawer scaler. Everything Diva Princess did, Mountain Goat Princess is 10 times better at. Older princess climbed the kitchen table, baby does it with ease, grace and fills out our taxes, lol I kid. But she does much more much sooner than older daughter did.

Beth said...

Hope the little cherubs are feeling better soon!

I've sprung a leak, myself. More like a clogged drain, if you ask me.

I would love some Army party ideas! Maybe if I present the ideas to him it will help him choose. He's going to be 11! You know, big 'pre-teen' and all! OI!

Anonymous said...

I hope everyone is feeling better soon! Savannah is also a get into everything kind of girl. I know how that goes! No baby gate can stop her! I hope you don't end up getting sick next. Sweet picture!

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

First of all, you live in Hawaii! I am now eternally jealous of you but I think I can get past it enough to love you anyway, after all it's not your fault that you live in paradise and I live in the freaking Arctic!

And my second son is exactly like your second daughter and I know make the humble pie, I can share the recipe if you need it!

:)

PiaTillys Boutique said...

My 3 kiddos have had leaky faucets for weeks now...is their an end in sight? I some how ended up with a throat/chest burning cough thingy, whatever it is-its not fun! The weathers definately not helping either, its 85 one day and 40 the next! I hope you all get to feeling better real soon! :)

Kelly

Corey~living and loving said...

I certainly hope you aren't next. ick....it stinks to be a sick mama. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Rachel said...

Humble Pie... What should I have on hand to go with that? Cool Whip? Redi Whip? French Vanilla Ice Cream? This post may well be a crysal ball for what's in my near future. I seem to have dog dish diver on my hands...

Amy said...

That picture is just to cute! I hope your girls start feeling better soon and that you don't catch anything.

Lo said...

There are truly not enough latches! You speak the truth! My daughter used to be the one that if you hadn't seen her for a while you just yelled up the stair, spit whatever you have out of your mouth, followed by a definite, kerplop! Thanks for my Saucy visit! Stop by anytime

Unknown said...

I hope your not next! It would be horrible to take care of sick children while you are sick! I hope they feel better, and I hope you are spared!

Thanks, btw, for stopping by my blog :)

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Such a sweet photo! Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Grand Pooba said...

I'm getting a little sick of humble pie, being that I get served it every day!