WARNING
I will continue to celebrate motherhood. So if breasts, birth, dilation and mother's milk makes you uncomfortable please consider yourself warned.
Follow at your own risk. You'll find the follow button at the bottom of the side bar.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Move Over Wonder Woman

I was rolling in the floor when I read Midwest Mommy's Post on her Beaver Tails Please tell me I am not the only one that can relate! Her post helped me come to terms with the fact that my prebaby body has abandoned me and left behind more jiggle than wiggle.

Where have all my toned body parts gone? My breasts aren't even Beaver Tails. They are so far from their former glory that I think they have ditched me altogether. I should have known they would make a break for it. My second daughter's habit of sideways nursing left both nipples pointing in opposite directions. I was the "Go-Go Gadget" of nursing mothers with at least three inches of elasticity. Come to think of it, I have earned my own superhero name. Wonder Woman has nothing on me. Who needs bullet-deflecting bracelets anyway? I have your lasso of truth, two of them and mine are built in. I am so fearsome that I think even my own pelvic floor has abandoned me. So move over Wonder Woman and take your eternally perky breast with you but leave me that golden tiara.

Pretty Please.



10 comments:

Lilly said...

Oh my yes and didnt you write this beautifully (and unfortunately accurately). It doesnt get better I hate to say and I could never go under the knife!

♥Jacqueline said...

Amen Sistah!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, that is oh so accurate....and it makes me sad.

Maybe that is why women nurse their kids at 7? To keep what little perkiness they have left?

SuZ said...

Oh, Amen Sister!!!

I know all about the boobs and I want my very own super hero name now! :) :) :)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Here's another A-MEN TO THAT!

The Farmers Wife said...

I think the list of superpowers would be super impressive...
Ability to know what your toddler is doing quietly, even from the other room,
Able to leap piles of toys in a single bound,
Non-moms have nothing on a perfectly tuned "mom-look" that stops even strangers kids in their tracks,

I think thats why I dont want to stop nursing all together, lol
Sadly just when tiny is weaned we might try to go to Mexico, would be nice to take the boobs with me. Guess I should look for some built in ones in the new swim suit eh?

Aint motherhood grand?

Sarah said...

LOL - yes, Elastic Man has nothing on me. Don't you love it when baby can turn her head all the way around to see who just entered the room...while still nursing?!?

Katy said...

Sounds like one of my previous post where I'm "trying" to get back into shape and eat more healthily. We'll see.

Laura Marchant said...

I am so glad I am not alone. I second guessed myself when writing it but then though what the heck...it is the truth!
I am not sure what my superhero name would be...I need one though :-)

Corey~living and loving said...

ummm yeah...she is sooooooooo talking about my breasts. tee hee