WARNING
I will continue to celebrate motherhood. So if breasts, birth, dilation and mother's milk makes you uncomfortable please consider yourself warned.
Follow at your own risk. You'll find the follow button at the bottom of the side bar.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Time for Your Two Cents

Time to link up and share some two cents.
For a complete list of details and FAQ just Click Here
My Favorite Two Cents last week came from Sarah @ The Bowl. She gave her two cents on the "man role". The "man role" in my house is lawn car and filling the car with gas. Hubby is happy to shoulder the burden in exchange for never having to give the girls a bath or perform ponytail making acrobatics. I know. I know. I am a poor excuse for a feminist. Any traditional "man roles" in your house?
This Weeks Topic is Giving or anything else your heart desires!
My two cents on giving is that you have everything to gain from giving to others. The warm fuzzy feeling alone will make your time and energy worth it. There are so many people in need and wonderful organizations to help you spread love and kindness. Time is just as valuable as money. If you don't have money to spare then donate your time or talent. You can even offer blog support to a non-profit. I would like to introduce you to a princess proving you are never too young to give.
Kate is helping spread awareness of neurofibromatosis by sharing her story. She also painted "Rainbow of Hope" to be auctioned off on the eBay wide charity auction benefiting The Children's Tumor Foundation
Photobucket

Kate's Painting is now open for bidding HERE



15 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

That's such a cool cause!

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

How are you my darling girl TuTu's Bliss? I've been a little scik and am so behind in my comments but catch your post as often as possible. I love to see those beautiful snapshot's of your kiddos on the top of your blog. How can anyone not have a fantastic day after looking at those? Love, love, love that painting and what a worthy cause to support :)
Yeppers, that's the "man thing" around here as well. Cutting grass, weed eating,fixing the many things I break, being at my beck and call.......well, I may be digressing there, lol.
You take care my friend and hold the fort down in Hawaii for us okay?

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Tiffany said...

How cool and the painting is so vibrant with all the colors. I had an idea for a Bloggy Big Give where blogs would feature giving and organizations. I ran it past the SITS girls but that was right before Spring Fling and they were pretty overwhelmed. I may need to follow up with that.

Thanks for you nice comment on Poetry and Hums!

Sarah said...

See this is why you are soooo much cooler than me. You blog about worthy causes and I blog nonsense. I'm taking my two cents and going back to my house where I will sit in a corner and pick my nose.

Have I told you this week that You Rock?!

Melissa said...

This is super cool... Oh and I am a "giver" too... I know this sounds cliche', but I much prefer to give than to receive

Amy said...

what a wonderful cause and idea for a great post.
have a wonderful day.

Ashley Wasser said...

Don't get me started on the man role! Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments. Also, I will definitely check out the I love faces contests. Thanks for informing me of it! Have a great day!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

What a beautiful cause to support! I love her painting!!!

I am a big giver too!

♥ Kathy said...

Kate is beautiful ♥ what a wonderful cause

Cristin said...

Love the Rainbow painting!

Unknown said...

great painting! here's my two cents on giving:
giving is great and we have to remember to give to ourselves too. i think sometimes women and moms especially get so caught up in the caretaking role they forget that you have to have something to draw from, in order to keep pouring out. i have a lot of people i look after in one way or another, but i am very very careful to always take some time each day and give it to ME! :)

Angela said...

I am a giver but I think I get overwhelmed and volunteer for too many things. I then burn out and give up only to rest then realize how much I love it and start all over! Great post! I wanted to follow topic this week but had an annoying day yesterday so I just couldn't. I almost changed my mind once I read yours though and went with the man role but that would have been never ending! lol Have a great week! We ♥ u!

Carebear said...

Darn it, I missed my two cents again this week!!! I totally agree about giving! You get more than you give for sure. Right now, I'm doing a support our troops giveaway over at my blog in fact. Come over and leave a comment and I'll donate to the troops on your behalf! Thanks also for sharing Kate's story. What a special girl.

Sarah said...

I started my post at 8:30 this morning...better late than never :) I like the idea of blog support for non-profits.

Corey~living and loving said...

Kate's painting is simply darling. :) what a cool idea for fundraising. :)